Rheem Electric Water Heater
Rheem Electric Water Heater Features:
- .90 – .93 UEF
- Isolated tank design reduces conductive heat loss
- Resistored copper upper element and resistored Lifeguard™ stainless steel lower element to prolong anode rod and tank life
- FHR: 45 – 67 gallons, based on gallon capacity
- Recovery: 21 GPH at a 90° F rise
System Sentinel (Available on selected models)
- Exclusive diagnostic system with glowing LEDs that verify heating element operation. LEDs pin point the exact location of functioning or non-functioning heating elements
- Premium grade anode rod provides long-lasting tank protection
- Electric junction box located above heating elements for easy installation
- Over-temperature protector cuts off power in excess temperature situations
- Automatic thermostat keeps water at desired temperature
- EverKleen™ self cleaning device fights harmful sediment build-up with a high-velocity spiraling water stream – helps operating efficiency by saving energy, money and improving tank life
- Enhanced-flow brass drain valve
- Temperature and pressure relief valve included
- Low lead compliant
- 6-Year limited tank and parts warranty
- With ProtectionPlus™ the 6-year limited tank warranty becomes 10-year
Sizing Water Heaters
Sizing is the technique that matches the capacity of the hot water source to your needs. For tank water heaters, the key criterion is hot water storage capacity. For tankless water heaters, the key criterion is hot water flow rate. Incoming water temperature is a critical consideration, which varies by region and season. That is, a water heater in the North—either tank or tankless—will need a higher BTU input in the winter than the summer to heat and deliver water to a given temperature. Rheem Electric Water Heater offer 19.9 to 55 gallon capacities.
Energy Efficiency in Water Heaters
What’s the Difference Between High Efficiency (EF) Ratings and the New Uniform Energy Factor (UEF)? If you’ve ever researched water heaters before a purchase, then you’ve probably compared high efficiency, mid-efficiency and standard efficiency information. To help consumers in their water heater purchase decisions, the Department of Energy has developed new industry standards. Beginning, June 12, 2017, EF ratings have been replaced with the new industry standard for measuring energy efficiency in water heaters called, Uniform Energy Factor (UEF).
The new UEF standard affects more than just the efficiency number itself. Adjustments in new DOE testing procedures now impact water heating performance stats associated with the amount of hot water produced in a real-world situation to the length of typical showers. Examples of Performance Factors Impacted by UEF include:
- First Hour Rating / First Hour Delivery (FHR / FHD) – The amount of hot water a waterheater can provide in the first hour of operation. Updated testing procedures result ina more accurate representation of performance.
- Capacity – Previously, capacity was expressed as a single number that didn’t fullyrepresent the actual storage capacity of the water heater. With the UEF regulations,the DOE now requires manufacturers to inform buyers of both a water heaters’nominal capacity by gallon grouping (40, 50, 60 gallon, etc.), as well as the actualstorage capacity (35, 37, 42, 58 gallon).
- Estimated Energy Cost Savings – The updated testing procedures enable a moreaccurate approximation of what it will cost to run a particular water heater.
|Manufacture ( Brand )||
Get a Free Estimate
At Commodore Group, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive electrical and mechanical contracting services for residential, commercial, Condominium and industrial properties throughout the Greater Toronto Area in Ontario. Our experienced team is committed to offering the best prices for installation, service, and repair of various equipment such as furnace, air conditioner, boiler, heat pump, water heater, backup generator, EV charger, rooftop unit, fan coil unit, walk in cooler, and walk in freezer. We take pride in our expertise and excellent customer service, making us your one-stop solution for all your electrical and mechanical needs.